Sol Guadalmar ****
The 4-star Hotel is located right by the sea in an area called Guadalmar just outside Malaga featuring 2 outdoor pools, different types of rooms and a fully equipped gym.
After some tough training sessions, there is also an indoor pool which is especially useful in the colder months. The business Hotel has 7 conference rooms with a capacity of max. 250 people and different restaurants.
There are currently works being done connecting the area of Guadalmar with Malaga, which will enable teams to take the bike to get to the swimming pool in less than 3km.
Quiet and relatively flat roads
The area around Málaga offers mountain roads and trails but also slightly less challenging roads where you can quickly clock up the kilometres while enjoying the scenery and the occasional coffee/tapas stop to refuel and rest. Some camp highlights are:
- Cycling in Axarquía, Almogía, Pizarra or Sierra de las Nieves
- Guadalhorce Nature Reserve, a place with more than 15 km of tracks with different combinations
- Outdoor swim sessions in heated pool and in the sea
- 1000m2 gym and loads of space for land training
- Run along the Paseo Marítimo
To balance our training and to allow for the best possible recovery, we can also include yoga, strength and stretching sessions. And of course, the beach is just perfect for those early morning yoga sessions, a relaxed stretch after those hard training sessions or simply for enjoying some sun and sea!
“Malaga has it all: great flight connections, reliable climate, a top class heated outdoor pool and perfect bike routes ideal for triathletes. Our customers can choose between being accommodated at 4* Hotels or a more cost effective option staying at a residence.”
Málaga Airport is the 4th largest airport in Spain and is served by many low-cost airlines. This makes traveling to a relative luxury location like Marbella within reach of many teams and athletes.
- Nearest airport is Málaga Airport (10 km).
- Málaga City is very close and worth a visit!
- Combining camp and race is possible; there are many triathlons in Andalucia.