The sports residence Arunda in Málaga is an accommodation aimed at the special needs of athletes. Up to 240 athletes can be accommodated here. The residence has a physiotherapy, dining and conference room, and various common areas.
There are single and double rooms with en-suite bathrooms, as well as triple and quadruple rooms with bathrooms on the same floor. Located between the swimming pool, the beach and the city centre of Málaga, the residence is particularly suitable for youth groups.
Included in the price are rental bikes, which will take you to the swimming pool in about 7 minutes. Right in front of the accommodation there is a public park where groups can relax and enjoy some leisure time.
Quiet and relatively flat roads
The area around Málaga offers mountain roads and trails but also slightly less challenging roads where you can quickly clock up the kilometres while enjoying the scenery and the occasional coffee/tapas stop to refuel and rest. Some camp highlights are:
- Cycling in Axarquía, Almogía, Pizarra or Sierra de las Nieves
- Guadalhorce Nature Reserve, a place with more than 15 km of tracks with different combinations
- Outdoor swim sessions in heated pool and in the sea
- 1000m2 gym and loads of space for land training
- Run along the Paseo Marítimo
To balance our training and to allow for the best possible recovery, we can also include yoga, strength and stretching sessions. And of course, the beach is just perfect for those early morning yoga sessions, a relaxed stretch after those hard training sessions or simply for enjoying some sun and sea!
“Malaga has it all: great flight connections, reliable climate, a top class heated outdoor pool and perfect bike routes ideal for triathletes. Our customers can choose between being accommodated at 4* Hotels or a more cost effective option staying at a residence.”
Málaga Airport is the 4th largest airport in Spain and is served by many low-cost airlines. This makes traveling to a relative luxury location like Marbella within reach of many teams and athletes.
- Nearest airport is Málaga Airport (5 km).
- Málaga City is very close and worth a visit!
- Combining camp and race is possible; there are many triathlons in Andalucia.